This post explains how to add an event for Repower Noosa.
These events will display on the What's On page.
Login to your Squarespace account
Navigate to Pages, then scroll down to Event List
Click the + to add a new event
Content tab - fill in event title, start & end date / times, and content
Options tab - write a short Excerpt, and mark as Featured Event if desired. Featured events display at the top of the What's On page
Location tab - you can fill in the full address for the venue
Click SAVE & PUBLISH and your event will be live on www.repowernoosa.com
Linking to Eventbrite and Facebook events
To do this requires some knowledge of using Eventbrite and permissions to connect to our Facebook page. Probably best to consult with Geoff before doing this....
In cases where we run a large event that we want people to register for and maybe also pay for, it may be worth using Eventbrite and Facebook.
In cases where we are just promoting an event to people already on our mailing list, creating Eventbrite & Facebook events probably isn't needed.
The advantage of using Eventbrite is that we capture new people's contact details, the event can be more widely shared, and Eventbrite does email reminders for those who have registered. Eventbrite events can also be shared to our Facebook page, and people can register from Facebook.
- Add event in Squarespace, as above
- Create the same event in Eventbrite
- Link the Eventbrite event to our Facebook page
- Add a button to the Squarespace event content. Label the button "Register" and use the Eventbrite link they provide
- Don't create event in Facebook. From Eventbrite there is a facility to create the event in Facebook.
- If a user clicks on event in Facebook, the registration is done in Eventbrite
- If a user clicks on the Register button on the Squarespace event, registration is done in Eventbrite
- Note that Facebook will only report Goings which were done from the Facebook event
- Facebook also allows a user to just click Going or Interested, and not go through the Register process